On January 27 - February 5, the team is meeting in Barcelona for WilberWeek—a week of project planning and vicious hacking.
This meeting is possible thanks to continuos donations from our community.
So far the agenda includes, but is not limited to:
- preparing the 2.10 release;
- working on the new GIMP plugins/asset interface + architecture;
- reviewing all current patches in bugzilla and giving them a proper status;
- doing interviews with developers/project members;
- performing all kinds of project administrativa;
- discussing how post-2.10 GIMP development is going to be done;
- updating docs.gimp.org.
Expected participants are:
- Michael Natterer, principal developer of GIMP
- Øyvind Kolås, principal developer of GEGL
- Michael Schumacher, project administrator
- Ville Pätsi, GIMP contributor
- Simon Budig, GIMP contributor
- Jehan Pagès, GIMP and GEGL contributor
- Thomas Manni, GIMP and GEGL contributor
- Mukund Sivaraman, GIMP and GEGL contributor
- Debarshi Ray, GNOME Photos lead developer, GEGL contributor
- Jon Nordby, GIMP, GEGL, MyPaint contributor, imgflo / Flowhub developer
- Aryeom Han, artist, animator
- Antenne Springborn, media artist
The event is taking place in Can Serrat art centre in El Bruc, near Barcelona.
We invite local GIMP users to drop by for a chat and mutual insights.