In 2014, we spent most of the time on improving GIMP’s usability and finalizing the GEGL port of GIMP to lay the foundation for various advanced features in demand by professionals. Some of the 2014 highlights are:
- Redesigned Blend tool, now you can tweak end points before applying the gradient fill;
- Improved foreground selection tool that handles fine details like hair;
- Finer control over painting dynamics;
- Up to 64bit per color channel processing;
- Improved file formats support, including 32bit TIFF loading/saving.
A far more detailed report has been posted to project’s mailing lists.